United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran View Post
so i picked up a set of bbs lm else where. i needed help figuring out how to install the tpm on them. i called tirerack and they said they couldn't help. i spoke to Gary at first. his reply was, he can't help me since i didn't purchase the wheels from them. i thuoght it was just him, so i decided to call again and got another salesman on. he said the same thing. so i made a post about the TPM sensor and vansky answered my question, and even provided me with a part number. Thanks vansky!!! so i got the part number, now its time to order. i call tirerack since they carry a lot of bbs products. i get this comment from them "since i didn't purchase the wheels or the sensors from them, they won't sell me the valve adaptor i need". what a joke...
I can understand how initially they may be reluctant to assist with the wheels and sensors purchased from another vendor. If you had asked for them to give you the part, then they would be within reason to refuse to help. However, refusing to SELL you a part simply because the wheels were purchased elsewhere is poor service.

Just for comparison, how did your original vendor treat you regarding this valve adaptor?
Appreciate 0