02-06-2007, 07:32 PM   #20
BartMack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe, 06 MINI CooperS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minipuck V 2.0 View Post
I am a little perplexed by your BMW to Chevy? Aren't we talking about valve stems? If I bought my BMW in SF and took it to a BMW in LA i would expect service. I don't get where got the whole Chevy thing.

I would never take a BMW to a Chevy dealer. Sorry bro, but you aren't making any sense to me. Or maybe I was unclear about my SF to LA analogy only because I live in both places and have had cars serviced at both places.

Tirerack sells tires and wheels do they not? So I buy from one tire dealer, I can't get parts from another tire dealer?

We are talking customer service not support. We are talking about asking someone to help you find a part. Again, all I am saying is that Tirerrack blew it on pleasing their customer.

It's their lost, it doesn't really matter to me. All I am saying is that Tirerack has lost one person's business, and in effect they could be losing a lot more in the future. It is just not smart, thats all I am saying.

well, of course you wouldn't... (they'd just go off joyriding-!! )

My point is essentially that you were being generic with the wheels and specific with the car make. If I bought an Ipod from Target I can't return it to WalMart (can I? ) He didn't buy at TR in SF and then seek help at TR in LA.... he didn't buy the rims at TR at all. Maybe he should call BBS?

It would've been charitable if TR HAD helped him with his issue, yes, I'll gladly say that, but to trash a vendor for something they aren't responsible for is not fair IMO.

Suppose some valve adaptors (and I don't know) don't work with some rims? Suppose he has more issues? Is it then Tire Rack's fault for perhaps selling him the wrong ones? What if they're not installed correctly and he has a blowout or something? I mean I dunno, I'm sorry that it all happened that way, but they didn't screw him over IMO at all, and don't deserve the headline either.

So far no one else agrees with me anyway, so hey.

2007 335i Coupe TiAg w/black+silver interior & sport package-Feb or March delivery ...
2006 MINI CooperS vert, Pepper White, Aerokit, ASA wheels & Helix 15% reduction pulley and CAI, Wetokole seatcovers, Sirius & other bits
Appreciate 0