View Single Post
      11-30-2005, 01:37 PM   #4
selm
Fight On!
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I think what is so appealing about the G35 is that you get 330 performance numbers (some numbers even better) for the price of a 325. I think the reason the G was considered "better" is that you got more for your money. Now I switched from Infiniti to BMW, because of the German feel, better quality materials, resale value, and the fact that I have fun now when I drive my car. Before, driving was always a chore, now it is a sought after experience. Therefore, I think the new G will have gobs of power and many things standard that are optional on the 3 (although they all say Nissan on them...talk about an ego killer), and in the end, those people looking for a bit more value, $/HP, may be swayed to G. The car mags will love the car as the infiniti to BMW comparision will help sell magazines, but in the end, the BMW will be a more balanced car with all of the intangible factors I am now starting to appreciate. Infiniti really needs to include free scheduled maintenance if it wants to take away some BMW customers. Now that I start to talk with BMW owners in public (my relatives can't stand it), free scheduled maintenance is that icing on the cake that pushed many of them over the top and solidified the reason to pass on Mercedes, Acura, Infiniti, etc.
Appreciate 0