View Single Post
      05-01-2018, 02:11 PM   #4
chriss88
Rep
Drives: G30 530e SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu el banat View Post
Hi - 1st post on this forum.... have been lurking for a few months since ordering a G30 last November.

Company car ordered via a fleet company in the UK - so I have little detail on the actual specifics - other than build date was late Feb for anticipated delivery to me in late March. I'm in Scotland.

Bluestone, ivory. 19" wheels. Tech pack, Driving assistant +, plus a few other smaller optional upgrades.

Mid March I was told it would likely be early April. Early April I was given a delivery date to me of 19th April via a dealership in England. A couple of days later I was told that due to 'quality issues' identified during transit that the delivery date had been cancelled and I would be advised shortly of a new date. The quality issues, upon me querying, were apparently down to a sandstorm at the port of exit (which I've since been told is Cuxhaven in Germany).

On Monday of this week, after hearing nothing else I fired off an email asking for further details and a likely new date - the reply was that my car has been written off by BMW as 'unsellable' due to the sandstorm.

(!)

I've googled and found reference to a sandstorm delaying delivery of vehicles in March/April

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...es?language=en

Have to say I'm rather incredulous that this would result in the vehicle being written off. Anyone got any experience of this? I'm only able to go on what I'm told by the fleet company - who in turn are getting their info I presume from the dealership where the order was placed.

What I do find strange is that I was offered and confirmed a date of delivery - based I believed on the fact that the vehicle was now at the dealership - they talked about needing 5 days notice to arrange a low-loader etc. I'm now to believe that all the while - presumably since mid-late March that the car has been irreparably damaged in a sandstorm on mainland Europe....
Hi,
It sounds like mine rolled off the production line at the same time as yours! I too ordered November and have been tracking its progress with BMW Genius tentatively. I was initially told a delivery date in March, which slipped to April with no movement except its at the port of exit for nearly a month!

I was so eager for it to get moving as it appeared stuck at the port. However they were unable to tell me other than what status it is. First I was told due at dealer the 12th, then 19th then 26th April.

Mine too is leased through my employer so its quite difficult to get in depth details about what is going on, no-body will speak to me. I was lucky that when the sourced dealer sent me an email direct to complete the OLEV grant form they included the BMW order number on the subject. Other than that I and other colleagues who ordered their cars slightly before and after me were refused this information as the order wasn't ours rather the leasing companies.

Roll on 20th April I got a phone call out of the blue to arrange delivery on the 4th May, queue excitement and me cancelling all my hire car bookings for after this date. (I haven't had a car since March and have been in a hire car since due to my personal lease on my last car coming to an end. I've been booking cancellable rentals in week chunks not knowing when the car was coming.)
It wasn't long lasting as it was followed by another call on the Monday morning to say its being delayed due to a re-call. Thats all the info our scheme administrators were told.

I'm now in a hired 320d at the expense of BMW, not the dealer or the lease scheme administrators which is leading me to become highly suspicious! I'm glad I stumbled on your post as quite a picture is building.
I was told that it ...might... be my car on this Friday at last contact with them last Thursday, but they didn't sound too hopeful or tell me what has happened with my car.
So at the moment I have a hire car paid for by BMW with an open end date on it which is costing them £72 a day, waiting to hear more. I do appreciate them offering this, but do expect they should be more honest about what is going on.

I'm hoping to get more info from them if I call tomorrow, but I feel like I should insist to know what the hold up is for. If the car has been damaged in some way and I take delivery I would like to know that it has been repaired to as new condition or if there will be any issues caused by what ever it has been delayed for further down the line.

Keep us updated if you find out any more! Good luck
Appreciate 0