02-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #10
dday
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 335 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco View Post
$11/mo x 12 mo x 5 years = $792 ...

Don't take this as an attack, but looking at it as just $11/mo is foolish. I put 91 or 93 in every fill-up, but wouldn't criticize anyone who always goes for 87.

Did you get every single feature offered when you bought/ordered your car? Every single feature you even remotely desired? If no, why not? I'm sure there was at least one nominally attractive feature offered for $500 that you left off your car... You may have decided that the benefit just wasn't worth the extra dough.

The small bump in performance or engine life you might get from 91/93 vs 87 just might not be worth it to some people.
yes, I did order every option I remotely desired when I ordered my car. And since I paid for the car I'm going to get the best performance out of it. My same comment would stand for the options, if you are buying a car where $10/month makes or breaks your budget then you can't afford your car.

and I can multiply by lots of months too but the monthly number is a lot more real. $11/month should not impact any BMW owners monthly budget in any tangible way, so why not give your car what BMW says it needs?
Appreciate 0