NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touringman
Hi folks

The delivery date for my new car moves closer and I was starting to think about preparing my existing E46 330 Ci sport for private sale.

I need to de-install the aftermarket ICE thats fitted and return to stock (I won't be doing this myself!)

Anyway I was discussing this with the wife and she surprised me by suggesting we may want to keep the coupe (for her to drive) and sell her existing car instead which is a Mini Cooper S (14 months old - 10,000 miles)

Thing is mine is a "51" plate with 53,000 miles. - What makes most financial sense to sell - I guess the market for the Mini would be better but would keeping the e46 be a financial nightmare?

Any thoughts to help me make a decision would be welcome.

Cheers
I'd look at it this way - you've had the best of the 330i - it's done most of it's depreciation and if it's a good one - it's probably worth quite a bit more to you than you could sell it for.

The cooper is 'nearly new' you'll lose some money on it - but from this point on it would depreciate much faster than the 330i.

the 330i ought to give you another 5 years and 50,000 miles without major problems.

I'd sell the cooper and keep the 330.
Appreciate 0