View Single Post
      03-01-2019, 03:20 PM   #11
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Pictures provided aren't enough to judge. If the car has no rust issues, you're in business...of course that would be very rare in these cars (although they aren't nearly as bad as an E9). Even more so if the original toolkit and full interior is there and complete...the toolkits alone sell for $$.

Once you get it out of storage, assess its needs. At a minimum as suggested it will need the gas tank out (these are known to rust/leak along the seam where they mount to the trunk floor even in cars never exposed to winter roads...mine required two new tanks during its 22 years with us from new), all new fuel lines, and the carbs cleaned. If you're lucky, it's had the downdraft Weber carb replacements added as the original Zeniths are junk.

You'll need to carefully prepare the engine for it's first crank attempt -- details on that you can find online. Check it for all the usual M30 issues like the oiling tube bolt that backs out in the head and deprives the lobes of oil...you know, all the basic M30 engine evaluations.

It will need all four calipers rebuilt or replaced, all new soft brake lines, and probably a brake master cylinder. It will also need a new clutch master and slave cylinder most likely.

Most likely all coolant hoses are junk by now and will need replacement. It wouldn't be surprising *at all* if the heater core is leaking.

All fluids would need to be drained and replaced of course.

The choice would be to: (1) get it road worthy and sell it; (2) sell it as is, as a barn find untouched; (3) restore the entire car. Truly restoring the car begins with numerous multiples of $10k.

So the choice likely comes down to #1 or #2. Either path can be fruitful. Just document every last area of the car, fully present its condition, and then put it on BaT, no reserve.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0