View Single Post
      04-10-2023, 11:56 AM   #50
Manley00
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by WretchedRefuse View Post
OK quick update after spending a few hours driving this weekend.

My initial settings were Stage 2 with the following options: Gear Display, Switch off Sport in Cruise, and Auto Start/Stop. Last night I flashed another Stage 2 with Gear Display, Torque Limit first gear to 590 ft-lb, Switch off Sport in Cruise, Auto Start/Stop, and Fuel Saver. I added the torque limit to see if I can use Launch Control without overpowering the brakes with my BM3 Stage 1 tune.

I haven't tried any launches or really hard acceleration yet but can share the following based on my experience so far:
1. The difference between Sport+ and Sport seems greater than the difference between Sport and Comfort. Shifts are noticeably faster in Sport+, plus I often get throttle blips (revs) while coasting to a stop. I'm not sure if the throttle blips are an intended feature or if my transmission hasn't finished adapting to the flash yet.
2. Especially with Fuel Saver enabled, Comfort/D is very much like stock. I consider that a good thing, but I'm not sure if I'll keep Fuel Saver. The savings are really minimal
3. Eco Pro is very much a useable mode now with Auto Start/Stop disabled. For slow driving in heavy traffic the unresponsive throttle isn't so annoying.
4. I've also coded Comfort+ for my car - see other threads for how to do this. I was shocked to discover that Comfort+ always starts in second gear while Comfort starts in first. That may have been the case before the xHP tune but I never noticed because the gear wasn't displayed.
5. I don't use manual shifting much, but it seems much smoother now in Comfort and Sport.
6. When I flashed the second time, it failed because the xHP app was unable to clear fault codes. Fortunately it worked on the second try but I nearly had a cardiac event in the process. I think I'll revert to the ENET cable now that the TCU is unlocked.

I'm happy to answer any questions and eager to see how others are doing with this tune! As far as I know this will also work on LCI models so I expect it would work great with a stock engine tune or bolt-ons like JB4.

Fantastic write up! My second new dongle is out for delivery today! So I’ll have the trans tune on and be able to also provide some feedback! Just hoping it doesn’t delete all my settings!
Appreciate 0