View Single Post
      01-03-2006, 07:23 AM   #2
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreslogic
I am thinking of getting a CF Front Lip Spoiler or Eye Lid (are there OEM eye lid?)

Since my car is a leased one, I am wondering what kind of mods will not void my lease. I heard that as long as you can reverse the changes you made, it is okay but is a front lip or eye lid change reversible?

That´s right. Any mod you can and will reverse before return without any lasting damage to the car is usually fine with the leasing company. But some things are not so obvious: When putting on 20inch wheels for example you´ll be increasing the wear on the suspension parts, so even if you put the stock wheels back on before return, you´re leasing company might not be too happy about it.

But the CF flaps are uncritical. If you follow the instructiuons carefully, you can take them off later without any damage to the bumper or it´s paint (they actually come with protective strips that you first stick to the bumper and then glue the flaps to, just so you can take them off later).

The rear spoiler though would be a problem. It´s glued directly to the trunk and cannot be take off later without damaging the paint.

If in doubt, just ask your leasing company.

There are no OEM Eye lids. And wether they´re critical, depands on how they are mounted. Often they are glued onto the headlight housing and are thereby unsuitable for a leased car. But if you find some that are mounted without glue, go ahead.