05-11-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
da91
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 335i

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [0.00]
m5 vs. 911?

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this question, but I own a 3-series so this is the only place I know to post and I know that a lot of you people here know more, even about this topic, than others on different forums (so I hope it's not too irrelevant). My father is trying to decide between an M5 and a 911 (most likely a Carrera S). Now, I realize that these are two completely different cars that would presumabely fit two different lifestyles, but the truth is that my dad could do with either just as well and does not necessarily need the extra space of a 5-series (but the plus of the luxury must be taken into account). If anyone here has driven or owned either, could you say which one you would rather take if you were given the option? They would come out to around the same price. Obviously, we will be looking to test drive both and that would certainly go miles in coming to a decision, but any preliminary thoughts would be helpful and appreciated.

I guess part of what I'm asking is: is the 911 experience that special where it's enough to trump the pleasure of owning a v10-powered m5? Again, I understand the pecularity of the question, but thanks in advance...