Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
I'm a HUGE fan of the 911's but your dad doesn't sound like someone who would be driving the car very hard in which case the only reason to own either is more of a status than it is about the car... but don't get me wrong, that isn't such a bad thing. I just really don't see the point of buying either the 911 or M5 because they are built to be driven hard for speed. If he is seeking something luxurious, more so that the 911 (which in my case are perfect blends of sport/luxury) then maybe he should be looking at cars like the Lexus LS, Audi A8, Benz S- class or the obvious 7 series those are the most luxurious cars you'll find, although probably a waste of space for him.

The 6 series would actually be an more economical alternative to the M5 and maybe he'll like the luxury more than that in a 911. I guess what I'm saying is whats the point of having a V-10 if you aren't going to use? Its just a waste of gas that is already going up in price.

I guess coming from a guy who has wanted a Porsche since he was 2 1/2 I'd cast my vote in that direction but its just a bit annoying to see someone buy a 911 who doesn't want to push it to its fullest capabilities. Although... it'd be nice for you cuz he'll hopefully let you borrow it! But even if he gets a 911... tell him to skip the S model and use the money he saves for the extra gadgets that might make him a little happier, besides the 09's are already getting a power boost and are sickly fast to being with.

GL
Appreciate 0