nisam
Private
Rep
Drives: 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by negative View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisam View Post
No need to skip anything just trust the process, just undo the one screw and pull from that side and thats it... i dont even disconnect anything (use some tape and glue that trim piece to the main screen), once you do it you'll have that lightbulb moment and its so easy to do after that.
So first and second step is mandatory, i m asking that because someone skipped them, direct take out the climate panel.

However, i force bottom of the climate panel with plastic trim remover but i worry about something may broken inside so i understand that, need force stronger than usual for free the dots on climate panel.

And, how can i remove that button. Do you know? I'm trying to move that part to my panel.

I'm trying to move all elements to g30 from g11 touch ceramic climate unit actually. So i need to move that knob to my original case.
There are four prongs pointing straight back from the panel and couple of "hooks/hinges" at the top of it so pry from the bottom and pull towards yourself/up the prongs have grooves on them so once you pop them out its easy.

Maybe I'm mistaken about the steps but I don't see how you can skip the first and second step but this is what i do (and i cant emphasize this enough its super easy once the fear is gone if i can do it anyone can)

1 remove side panel cover (to get to the screw) and remove screw

2 pull the "wood/whatever your car has" trim
(pull towards yourself the middle vents are kinda rubber sealed so thats the only thing holding it in)

3 disconnect the connectors on the back of the trim and take it out (optional since i just pull it out and tape it to the screen using painters tape and microfiber on the screen)

4 pull the ac part out
Appreciate 0