View Single Post
      01-04-2022, 06:01 PM   #10
CnSky
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 530E 2017

2017 530e here at 60k KM today bought with 48k KM Dec 2020.

Based on my current experience just out of warranty last year at purchase I would go with it.

I may just be unlucky but I spent a lot to solve weird issues that BMW couldn't even figure out or if I let them work on it would have got out of hand quickly with their lack of knowledge.

If you end up in such a situation a warranty covering their work and module changes etc is worth a lot.

If it includes wheel cover for accidental damage it would also be a big bonus to me or even if it covers lacquer peel on alloys not damaged since new (as it's a known BMW manufacturing fault) that shows up usually around 3-4 years.

I have had to contend with a lot of issues from Grill Vent failure to suspension VDC models and control issues including modules replaced and battery changed for the TCB and auxiliary battery. Also alloys badly manufactured and non centric which I had to change as they refused under warranty.

That said I did a lot of the work myself and bought parts second hand but still spent 8k myself finding out what was wrong by trial and error. Would have been 15k at BMW.

Would be great if a BMW extended warranty had covered even 80% of that cost.

Also make sure it covers pixel failure on screens.
Appreciate 0