View Single Post
      01-24-2021, 04:04 AM   #28
Nordboy
Rep
Drives: G31 BMW 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlothery View Post
Just so you have an alternative viewpoint......

I carry tire goop and a Dynaplug plugging kit in all my vehicles, neither of which has ever been used. I drove motorcycles all over the US for many years. No spare possible, and had no problems. I drove my Mini, my Porsche, and My M4 for years, no spare, and no problems. I drove my 2014 E350 from San Antonio to Pinehurst, NC with a nail in the rear tire, slowly loosing air, and back before I got it repaired. The collapsable spare in the E350 was never used when we sold it at 112,000 miles. Also, what are you going to do, on a road trip with a full trunk of luggage and stuff, with the damaged tire and wheel (which will be filthy, BTW) if you decide to change a tire on the road. If the small chance of a tire catastrophy occurs, yes, you will loose time and convenience. I use Michelin PS3ZP runflats on my M550. Love the ride and performance. No problems so far......knock on wood. YMMV. Just my alternative perspective. You gotta do what you gotta do.
I think a plugging kit is the way I’m going to go when I replace the runflats.

I have a roadside recovery policy, so in the worst case scenario, the car would get recovered on the back of a truck.
Appreciate 0