View Single Post
      09-22-2023, 05:44 AM   #21
Cbobbit
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2 OG LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmx View Post
I fitted mine today at work. Was relatively easy, but like you, I had to have a little nibble at the connectors with a Stanley knife to make the kit fit. Glad you’d done that as I felt a bit more comfortable knowing the end result would probably be ok.

Anyways, after my commute I’m amazed at how much noise that little box was creating, I realised there was an artificial element to what I was hearing, but I didn’t realise the extent of it. In Sport modes it’s night and day, almost disconcertingly quiet at first without the faked induction roar. I like it though, it’s loads more pleasant in the cabin and I can now drive in sport and still enjoy my music. Can also appreciate the exhaust a lot more and even pick up turbo noises that were well hidden before when I turn the music off. All in all, it’s £50 well spent in my eyes.

A shame you can’t just turn it on and off though, I miss the ‘Individual’ mode I used to have in my Golf where you could turn the engine (sound) on and off as you pleased. But then again, I don’t think I ever turned it on for very long, if at all.
Hi Everyone, I want to revive this thread a little as it seems to be the only alternative source for UK based owners who don't want to pay the extortionate shipping and tax on the Technic PnP harness.

I have just ordered the same harness from Germany, made sure the sign up to the site so I can track shipping.

https://www.carfeature.de/en/hifi-na...d-bypass-cable

robmx Keen to understand what you mean by "have a little nibble at the connectors", did you have to create notches or shorten how deep the pins sit?

Either way, knowing it worked for you and jaffamuffin gives me hope.

It cost me £62 as were a few years on now, just couldn't bring myself to by the Technic PnP one. What a rip off!
Appreciate 1
gnx759.50