09-12-2018, 06:34 AM   #36
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
Not sure why Kimi would want to have a seat on a secondary team.
I was surprised by this, especially with his recent quotes about Rosberg, but perhaps his contract with Sauber will not require as much PR as Ferrari.

-------------------

He said that when he eventually retires from F1, staying away from the paddock will not be difficult.

"No it will not be hard to stop this job. I will be relieved when all of the things not involving driving will end. The driving is great but nothing else," the Ferrari driver said at the launch (of his autobiography) in Helsinki.

Kimi Raikkonen says he cannot understand why Nico Rosberg retired as world champion after 2016.

"When he explained why (he is stopping) I thought it was cool and I understood."

Now he's standing there with a microphone. I cannot understand why given the reasons he gave for wanting to leave," Raikkonen when asked if he would be tempted to follow Rosberg's lead in returning as a regular pundit.

"Yes, I'm interested in doing something like developing a car, but in the background not in public. It will not be standing with a microphone," Raikkonen insisted.
Appreciate 0