VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivethemachine View Post
The app works very intermittently for me. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. Even when it does it's slow as hell. I have to stare at my screen for 2 minutes just to unlock the doors? If my phone's display goes to sleep while waiting for the command to complete, I have to start over again. The whole thing feels like a 2005 era smartphone app, and is unworthy of the BMW badge.
The only reason I haven't called customer care is because I don't have the free time to deal with it.
My advice to anyone having this problem is to bring the car to the dealership, leave it there, ask for a loaner, etc...basically treat it like any other defect. It's a feature that was sold with the car, so same warranty rules should apply.
There is nothing the dealer can do about this. Plus it really has nothing to do with your particular vehicle. If it's a backend infrastructure problem (which it clearly is) it's up to BMW to get their service working correctly.

I do agree with you that it takes entirely too long for basic-type functions. I used to work for General Motors and while their iPhone app is not very good, the remote unlock feature works in seconds - not minutes.
Appreciate 0