United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 M60, M5's, 535.335, M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksoze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
I wish you only good luck. But these cars today are so complicated it's just a huge risk.

Let's see how long Vista stays with Dinan. Someone told me they stopped installing Dinan. I never checked because I wasn't in the market for it.
"someone told me", "rumor has it". If you are uncomfortable with it, don't do it. There are dealers who do installs and support it and sounds like you are not a candidate for mods. For many who have being dealing with Dinan for years, the rumors of their demise are legendary. For me, by dealer installed and supports it, support at Dinan has been great and the Stage 1 tune has been flawless.
I feel pretty confident. BMW covers anything and if Dinan breaks something there's a contract saying they will fix replace anything their unit may have done dammge to. Getting it installed at the installer Dinan recommended to me a certified installer. The tune is very mild to say the least as well.
I mean I would love a VR or DME or to active autorerks to dyno tune, but they are play at your own risk from what I see on their sites. Dinan is only one so far aside from carbaun (nothing out yet for my car) but Dinan is only one to promises with contract to stand behind any damage caused.
2019 M550 686BK Black Chrome 20"wheels, filters, Evolve Stage 1, Res delete
2024 i5 M60 Cape York Green
Appreciate 0