View Single Post
      04-22-2017, 06:26 PM   #35
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
I don't take issue with your feelings about your DCT troubles.....but keep in mind BMW didn't load up a 1 series with the best it has to offer......they had to keep some of the goodies for it's M cars. This particular transmission being one of them. Remember the M cars are a some of all of it's parts.....not one or two components. Maybe they felt the non M cars couldn't support the software package M cars have.........Phil
I get that. If I was able to buy into a 1M when they first came out, I would have one now...or hope to have one. I'm not expecting my car to be an M car. I've thought about doing some things that will bring some of the M car characteristics into my car such as the M bits for the suspension.

But the fact you all with M cars and DCT say the DCT has been a dream to experience/drive, tells me BMW knows how to properly code the software to behave properly at low speeds, low gear, and with the A/C on. All I'm asking is for that brain power to make this part of what should be expected as a given for basic driveability to be applied to getting the DCT issues in the 1 series fixed. I'm not asking for M car performance in the software update. Just to get the car to operate like any other car on the road.
Appreciate 2
BMWM5NYC496.00