Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F16SAT View Post
Virtual,
Your 550 looks good. May I ask how you selected your tint strength?
And are those the 759 wheels? I ordered those also. How has your ride been?
Thanks
p.s. I am planning on buying my daughter an "Angry sounding" Mexican Telecaster if I can find a good one.
Thank you for the compliment. Yes, my wheels are the 759's. I chose this window tint level because I was sold on the 3M Crystalline series. It's available in 5%, 20%, 40%, and so on. The legal limit in Texas is 25% for the front windows, but I don't mind rolling the dice. It's never been a problem before. Whenever I need to get an inspection, I go to a BMW dealership who doesn't really care.

I chose 20% for the sides and back and 70% for the windshield so it would give me the most UV without changing the appearance of the glass. You can also get the windshield tint at 90%, but they're both so clear so that you can't really tell a difference in appearance. I chose 40% for the sunroof since it already has privacy glass at about 20% from the factory. This gives me an even look across the entire vehicle. I'm very happy with the results. I think it looks good.

As far as the ride is concerned, it's a very rough ride on the road if the surface is uneven or is very bumpy. I find myself having to slow down to a crawl anytime I see a pothole coming. In the event that you don't see one and you run over it, you can hear it and feel it and it. There's not very much tire on there. There's so much construction going on in Houston, the roads are very rough. On the highway it's fantastic. With all of that being said, I couldn't be happier with performance of this vehicle.

A telecaster is a good choice.
Appreciate 0