01-21-2010, 09:56 PM   #80
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

I used to think BMW's were stupid...

Why?

At Christmas of 2000 my step-father purchased my mother a brand-new (then) 2001 Honda Accord V6 Coupe. And being a "honda" guy, I loved it...

Well, at the same time, my best friend (who's father made LOADS more cash than my step-father) ordered a 2001 325ci. My best friend and his father flew out to North Carolina and did a Performance Delivery on the car. So of course deep down I was jealous of my friend, I've grown enough to admit that, and his family's wealth. With that said, I just didn't see why anyone would need spend the cash on the bimmer over the honda which wasn't quite a direct comparison, but close enough...

Well, when I got a pretty hefty promotion and nice raise to accompany it, I started to look for a new car. I was growing tired of my 1 year old Nissan Titan that had had TONS of problems. With my little bit of wisdom I had acquired since my slightly younger years, as I did my research, the e46 just kept coming to the top. The e90 hadn't been out very long, and though I did like the e90, a CPO'd e46 just seemed like more bang for my buck...

So why not an e46 M3? Well, I dunno, I just don't like e46 coupes. Could it still be that deep down hatred for that one particular 325ci? Its absolutely possible. What was the next best thing? An Imola Red e46 Sedan...

So I searched and searched for the right one after selling off my Titan to a local guy. Turned out that Classic BMW in Dallas, TX had TWO. One was on ebay, the "stripper" ZHP, the other I found when I took a look at their website, she was loaded, and I had to have her...

Her name is ///Molly, May 21st, 2010 will be the 4th year anniversary of when I purchased her, and she's so close to being paid off that I can taste it, and it taste good!

What's next? Well, she's approaching 100,000 miles, so directly after pay-off lots of maintenance will be conducted, suspension, etc, as well. Then next summer I plan to start looking for a nice LCI x3 sport to make my daily driver, keeping the ZHP, of course, forever. That x3 should be paid off at about the time I get done with school, so who knows, e90 M3? M5? X5-M? M1? Lots of options...

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0