View Single Post
      03-16-2018, 06:42 PM   #112
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
Lol, you mean wait for A-Rod who will get paid very shortly.

I have to admit I was pretty upset they let Nelson go, but it’s a tough business and no way I’d take a 10 mil cap hit for a 33 year old receiver unless his last name was Rice or Moss. Glad Nelson signed, but I still wouldn’t have paid him 7.5 a season at 33.

Everyone says, oh well of course he had a bad year as Hundley was in for 10 games, but that’s an easy excuse. Adams had the same problem, but he put up great numbers and probably would have put up better numbers in 2017 than 2016 if he didn’t miss 2 games due to concussions.

I question if Jordy can catch passes from someone other than Rodgers, we’ll find out in Oakland.
Yeah, we will find out how "team friendly" a contract Rodgers is willing to sign for. Thats one of the things that helps NE so much is Brady deferring so much money till down the road. Philly and LA Rams better enjoy the QB rookie contract while you have it. Paying your QB 4-5 times what he's been getting does a serious number on ur salary cap no matter how good ur GM is. Look at Seattle, finally having to pay Wilson, the Vikes have 1 year before they gotta pay a bunch of their best defensive players now that they are paying Cousins, Dallas will be in same boat. Obviously the QB is the premier position in the NFL, but the contracts are getting out of hand.
Appreciate 0