03-13-2020, 07:51 PM   #20
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
To quote from local news:

The City of [Pickle's Town], [Midwest] will hold an Emergency Meeting this morning to pass an Ordinance related to the “Emergency Created by the Impact of the COVID-19 Virus” – better known as the “Coronavirus” or the “Wuhan Virus.”

The City proposes to grant extraordinary powers to the Mayor, which include (starting on page 8 of the below pdf):

Violating parts of the Open Meetings Act
Ban sale of firearms and ammunition
Ban sale of any alcohol
Closing of all bars, taverns, liquor stores, etc
Ban sale or giving away of gasoline or other liquid flammable or combustible products in any container other than a gasoline tank permanently fixed to a motor vehicle
Direct the shutoff of power, water, gas, etc
Take possession of private property and obtain full title to same
Prohibit or restrict ingress and egress to and from the City"

Isn't this a bit excessive or is it just me? It feels like we're going to war lol I'm more concerned about the ordinance passing unanimously than the actual virus now
Ban sale of firearms and ammunition
Ban sale of any alcohol

Closing of all bars, taverns, liquor stores, etc
Ban sale or giving away of gasoline or other liquid flammable or combustible products in any container other than a gasoline tank permanently fixed to a motor vehicle
Direct the shutoff of power, water, gas, etc
Take possession of private property and obtain full title to same
Prohibit or restrict ingress and egress to and from the City"

I hope you're stocked up.

This is stupid. So China is what everyone is baseing the fatality rate from. Which is not a great bases for projections. Yes, this virus has a higher fatality rate than the common flu which is about .1%, estimates and I suspect they are on the high side are the Covid19 is about .5%. But most folks who have had it report very minor symptoms. This could hit long term care faculties and nursing homes hard but we are losing our minds here. Perspective people. Maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect the panic is over the top....Cheers.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50