03-19-2020, 09:02 PM   #74
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Are we forgetting about the 1969 427 ZL1?
No I didn’t forget. The ZL1 was a very limited engine, special COPO order and rare as hens teeth and it was rated from the factory at about 430 if I recall. I think only 2 or 3 found their way into Corvettes from the factory. There’s talk of this holy grail engine producing much more then its factory rated HP but they were tested not in a car but on a Dyno stand and I’m sure you know the numbers are much higher on the stand and the factories weren’t monitored for honesty. Engine on stand, race gas, custom not factory headers, no drive line loss, no accessories robbing power and whatever tweaks the engineers could do to raise numbers. Here’s a quick article showing what a couple ran the 1/4 stock. Sometimes these heroes get blow way out of proportion. Still would kill to have one.
https://www.americancarcollector.com...t-camaro-zl1-2

13.1@110 and 12.1@117 on slicks doesn’t equate to over 500bhp. Stock C6 Z06 easily whips that on stock runflats. ET and trap.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0