View Single Post
      04-27-2020, 03:29 AM   #97
Ajay Shankar
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530i m sport, Audi A4.

Red face Highway Vibration BMW 530i Msport

Hello guys,

Owning a Bimmer has always been a dream for me as it is the ultimate driving machine. I have an A4 that i bought in the year 2011 which is still solid good. However, i got the 2020 BMW 530i M sport with ID7 earlier this year. The car is absolute bonkers without doubt, in terms of performance usability and the technology. However compared to audi the suspension is little hard without doubt.

All that aside. The car has 18" M- Alloys with RFT. My use is majorly on the highways. There is this vibration that i feel in the car above the 100 kmph mark, untill 140- 150 kmph. Above 150 it is normal, but between 100-150 there is some vibration i feel in the driver side in steering. Passengers in front and back dont notice it unless and until they keenly look for it and notice.

This is not something that i ever felt in the A4, and considering BMWs to be a drivers car, this vibration was something that i had least expected. I thought it might be due to high tyre pressure, but even after adjusting that, i could not get rid of the vibration. I became really paranoid about it and started looking for the cause or solution and came across this thread. It gave me a big relief that i am not alone in this issue. After going through the complete thread, i understand that i need to do the Road force wheel balancing first and then if the problem persists i shall take it to the dealer and point it out to them. I have already informed about this issue to my sales represetative and another friend i know who works in the technical side of BMW.

I want more updates from you guys if any of yall got it rectified and any other solution or suggestion to deal with this. Any help or input from yall would be useful.
Appreciate 0