View Single Post
      06-30-2005, 06:57 PM   #1
Jesse Wilson
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 325I

Help I get my car next Thursday

I bought the $85 pack from Zaino so I think I will be prepared. But I have a few questions:

First off I plan on getting the 3M clear film on the front of the car. I have heard that you can polish this film just like the rest of the car, is this for real? Also should I do anything before it gets put on the car like wash it with dawn or go through the whole Zaino process. I am not quite sure what the surface needs to be like or what might get "trapped" under there.

I have also heard conflicting statements about the use on the "claybar" on the new finish of a car. As I have never used this product befre I am unfamiliar with the rules of its use. Can I use it right away or should I wait. Is it possibly something I should do to the car before the film gets put on? If it is necessary to wait please advise how long to wait.

As far as Zaino, I have read the directions for use and they are pretty in depth. Can you guys give me the routines you use and how it works for you. So far all I got is "wash with dawn, then with Z7, coat of Z2 with ZFX, then Z6 or Z8, and repeat with Z2 and Z6 or Z8 as many coats as necessary. When do I insert the claybar step? How many coats do you guys recomend I was thinking about three?? After that is done what will I need to do for maintenance, just wash it with Z7 and then apply Z6 or Z8 again? How long will those three coats of polish last until I need to reapply? When I need to reapply do I strip it with dawn again or just wash it with Z7 and continue from the Z2 step as before. As time goes by should I claybar after I Z7 as my normal washing routine?

Anything I missed please feel free to enlighten me. My last black car turned to aligator skin in roughly 4 years so I am not going to let that happen again.

All your help is much appreciated!!

Jesse
Appreciate 0