In Hoc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 6MT MG/SO

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrust View Post
I had a protrusion in a disc that caused my big toe to go numb. Luckily the spine doc I went to specialized more in physical therapy and cortisone injections. He mentioned numbness could last a year. Did PT and year later numbness was gone. I wonder if I saw a surgeon first whether he would have pushed surgery or not.

Other comments:

Try sleeping with pillow or wedge under knees.

If looking for chiropractor, try looking for one that works with physical therapists. I was seeing one that practiced holistic medicine too. He always seemed to try to get you to buy something. I had stopped seeing him as he did not take my insurance. Did not go to one for years. A friend reccomended one who practices Active Release Therapy (ART), he is completely different. He will concentrate on the problem areas and does not seem to promote other products.
I had the same experience with a chiropractor that specialized in holistic medicine as well.
He suggested a whole list of supplements and dietary practices that help with inflammation and joint discomfort.
He didn't push his own products though.
I now take fish oil (for inflammation) and Glucosamine (joint support) everyday with my daily vitamin during lunch.
I have no idea if they actually work but with regular stretching (mentioned above) I feel really good.