04-07-2014, 11:46 PM   #294
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
too late we are in route to get that custom watch box from under your bed.
Well, you'll be disappointed when you get there because with very few exceptions (three out of 40+ watches) I throw them away after I take out the watch, papers and freebies. LOL.

I keep the small, thin, flat ones that would fit nicely into a suitcase or briefbag and not take up a lot of space, but the rest I toss out or use as boxes to hold things like candy or some other small, insignificant item that I'll give to kids or other adults who have never heard of the brand name indicated on the box.

The packaging that accompanies many watches, and especially fancy or micro-brand ones, is just insane. For the life of me, I can't figure out why a watch company thinks anyone needs or wants all that non-essential packaging. Sometimes a large-ish box is necessary, such as when a watch comes with a winder, but otherwise, I don't know what the Sam Hill the point of all that elaborateness is. It's not as though the consumer needs the fancy box to tell them they just bought something special. Most people with half the brain God gave a goose would figure that much from the absurd sum they just paid for the damn watch. LOL.

This seems reasonable to me, but I would still throw away the box unless I knew I'd need it for something soon.

This will get given away by the following Christmas if not before:

Boxes like this I keep because I can actually use them.

This is okay too:

But I just don't have any desire to have a box big enough for three watches and having a spot for just one, regardless of how nice the box is.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0