View Single Post
      11-05-2018, 10:49 AM   #201
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
I actually mean something specific when i say dad jeans - they're jeans with that shapeless look particularly around the ass, loose leg, usually with extra material pooled around the ankle. For extra dad cred, wear with a black dress belt

Saying it a different way, those jeans will only look great if they fit great. I guess you'll see when you get them.

RRL is made to a much higher standard than Polo. Think more of a casual Purple Label. At that price i might have gambled on a pair or two if they had a more normal, less distressed wash
A more casual Purple Label is spot on. I tend to not throw such verbiage around as most have no idea what I'm talking about. "Ralph Lauren only makes Polo" I'm not sure I've ever seen a non-distressed RRL anything other than some of their vintage "Dandy-esque" style stuff. Although the right person could very well pull that style off i.e. heavily distressed denim and a button up with a vest and tie.

As for the fit, I try to go with a tapered leg. and don't like all the extra material at the bottom however in some instances it's needed. much of it depends on the shoes being worn. Boot cut with all that material + trainers or dress shoes is a no no. I do have certain jeans that I only wear when I need to wear work boots.
Appreciate 0