Greywall
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M550i

Garage List
2023 BMW M550i  [0.00]
New 2023 M550i Order

Hey all,

New member to the forums and posting this thread to give me something to do while waiting for build and delivery.

I used to own E36 and E46 328i's way back and made the switch over to the Audi side when I noticed the new options coming out of BMW were moving farther away from the connected feel of the E36, especially with the steering. Fast forward to this year and I started looking at a V8 with good road manners - (no M or RS, harsh rides). Looked into Audi, but no V8 options unless I went used on 2018 S6 or older. All the new options were V6/hybrid combos, so I looked over at BMW and the M550i seemed to be exactly what I've been looking for. Especially since I've always been eyeing M5s through the years. So I'm back over to owning BMW's again!

I used to work in automotive and some of my old contacts were able to work with a local dealer to book an allocation and get an order going. Here's what I've put together:

235Q M550i xDrive Sedan
A90 - Dark Graphite Metallic
LZFK - Black Nappa Leather
7M9 - Extended Shadowline Trim
4kG - Fine Wood open-pored Ash Grain trim
ZDH - Dynamic Handling Package
ZDY - Driving Assistance Pro Package
ZPK - Parking Assistance Package
ZPX - Executive Package
248 - Heated Steering Wheel
453 - Front ventilated seats
4HA - Front and Rear Heated Seats
4M5 - Leather Dashboard
4T7 - Front massaging seats
776 - Anthracite Alcantara Headliner
3MQ - BMW M 50 Years Emblems

The order is confirmed as scheduled for week 41 production (Oct 9-15). Link to the build: https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...udio/euw3zhif/

Now to keep myself busy during the long wait. Went through this with my E46 2000 328i, there were much fewer ways to keep track of the progress. Not really sure if it's better to have more places to check and obsess or fewer...

Last edited by Greywall; 09-30-2022 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: Changed from 20" to 19" M Y-spoke bi-color jet black wheels
Appreciate 0