NGT2
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbrown View Post
Was just reading G30 FB group posts and people complaining about the maintenance costs on their cars, on top of big depreciation and bailing on the brand. I’m only at 43k miles and well over a year out of warranty but have been lucky to not have any big repairs. Probably have my flex disk replaced in the next month but nothing major, knock on wood. And with depreciation, I’ve owned the car 5 years now since new same as every other BMW I’ve owned since the 90s so maybe I’m just used to it. About the only thing I agree with them on is the design direction of the new models.
Is this their first BMW? The depreciation is nothing new. And if they’re not used to maintenance on something like an M550, they could be having sticker shock at the costs to replace normal stuff like brakes and how often they eat through tires. I’ll have to do both later this year and it ain’t exactly Toyota maintenance. But people need to know what they’re buying. There’s a reason it depreciates. It’s not cheap to own, relative to a normal sedan or SUV.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 2
Joe-BMW337449.00
tsbrown1098.00