05-30-2018, 02:56 AM   #7
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Med Blue 530e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine535Msport View Post
Same feeling here. I've had many 5-series and before my G30 540i I had an F15 BMW X5. So happy to be back into a sedan.

I've had an E34, E39, E60, F10, and now my G30.

It's the first 5-series I've driven since the E39 that reminds me of what a BMW 5-Series should have continued after the E39. The ride and handling balance is refined, exquisite, and so delicious for a daily driver that does both very well. Steering actually does have steering y feel enough to know what's happening and I'm 100% happy with this car.

With the G30 BMW is back as the gold standard in its class. And yes, I like it a lot more than I did my E39.

Jumping into a 530e myself, and while it’s not as sporty as my current car or your 540, it feels a lot “smaller” n easier to chuck even in the slower heavier 530e version vs a f10 which felt more boat like and also the 4 series I’ve driven for a while is a surprisingly large coupe in both seats, doors n foot gate so the 5 actually feels more comfy that way too.. plus can’t beat the shoulder width and this coming from a pretty short guy. Just less chlostraphobic vs the 3/4 and certainly the 2. I know they can be fun but the comfort n relaxation is not there at all. Also they made huge leaps with that interior lighting n tech layout,it’s damn beautiful.
Appreciate 0