View Single Post
      06-19-2019, 02:16 AM   #40
Duud40
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Another RK tunes client here. Dunno what everybody is complaining about the client service side. I got answered as long as I called in business hours and had a pretty revealing conversation about the tune. Works as promised/advertised. I'm happy with the result and would like to point out that it's much smoother than the jb4 stages (any of them). I also have a jb4 on the car but that has kinda been made obsolete. The rk tune now shows about 16-17 psi on my jb4 logs and even stage 1 additive on jb4 would push it to the sensor limit. I'm monitoring iat and advance and it seems these engines can go a long way power wise.
A 3.5 bar sensor or 4 bar even would reduce the max boost limitation but I'm not sure about the fueling side maximum hp flow (limit). I remember Jordan @ RK tunes telling me there's not much room left for fueling over 20 psi intake pressure. It's really a nice car now and it has all the power you would need for day to day driving. If you want to mod it to over 22-23 psi and get to the limit of the turbos why not do it properly and get an m5? The suspension is not really setup for this and you can feel it, the transmission might not be happy with all that power and the cooling system is definitely undersized for this kind of power increase. I wouldn't go over 600 hp on this car because I think it transforms into something that is no longer pleasurable.
Appreciate 0