Thread: Door scuff
View Single Post
      08-03-2015, 03:27 PM   #11
cays
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3 Germans

My homegrown technique. For something that minor on leather I find the matching color in boot cream (those little jars from England) from a specialty cobbler/shoe repair. Use the end of a toothpick and dab a little on the affected area. Let it dry, lightly buff off and repeat as necessary. At this point you shouldn't be able to see the damage. Now, a friend of mine who's a woodworker once gave me a small bottle of shellac he thought would be suitable for leather so I can't tell you much about it, but using a toothpick I would dab it on the same way, only on the damaged and colored part. You need to experiment a little first to see how it dries but the idea is to get it 80% dry and then very lightly buff off any excess with a super-finely woven cloth. I would never use anything to sand, pre-scuff or abrade the leather. Try to only treat the damaged area and use a Q-tip with a piece of tape tightly wrapped around the tip (to keep it from spreading out) to dab anything and everything off undamaged portions.
Appreciate 0