View Single Post
      01-11-2010, 09:14 PM   #6
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

I went to the Istanbul GP with my parents last year. We were at the main straight. Seats were numbered. I picked seats toward the end of the straight and that turned out to be a good choice IMO since we could hear (and FEEL) the cars braking and downshifting. No words can describe the sensation. Simply amazing. It was also cool to see the drivers throwing the cars into the first turn after severe braking. You also get shade at the mainstand (and at some of the other stands depending on the curcuit I guess), and that's nice mid-summer--especially when you are with your parents who are in their 70s (mine are). There will be other races before the GP, so you'll be out there for a long time if you want to enjoy the whole day, and the elements can get in the way. Be prepeared. Also, pick a position that provides a good view of one of the digital screens--you want to see what's happening elsewhere on the track. I might actually make it to the Canadian GP this year. It would be cool if the Boston BMW CCA chapter were to schedule the Mt. Tremblant event right after or before the GP--I could avoid multiple Canadian trips and arrive in full force with the track car on the trailer and pretend to be a race car driver!