View Single Post
      10-01-2023, 07:05 AM   #18
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto540i View Post
I have luxury seats too, it must be the 19" wheel in that case, I'll try and tell you, this comfort thing is very personal.
I believe the personal bit, is a big part in how we assess ride comfort. Add in the particular roads we drive and we can have issues.

M-sport suspension and the larger rims won't be helping your situation. IMO, it is not just the setup, but also how we react to the higher frequencies such a combination gives us. My body has always been sensitive to ride quality. Takes a lot of effort when testing models, to get to a setup where I'm happy with the ride and handling compromise.

It's not just the G3x models where we see this, goes back several generations, due to how BMW setup the chassis for load and high speed. In my experience, 'driver only' is often very compromised, unless we back off with softer suspensions and smaller rims and higher sidewalls.

IMO, your best option is downsizing the rims to 19" and a softer touring tire. Even better, 18" rims, if they fit around your brakes.
Appreciate 1