cmyx6go
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Last week we went out shark fishing. Only 3 miles offshore in 120í of water set the chum bag and dropped some nice hooked bluefish filets into the slick and just over a half hour later one of the lines takes off. We had 3 of the young guys including one who was home on leave from the Army with us who have never sharked before. Gave the young soldier the rod and he fought the fish. Stuck a gaff in it pretty quick as it wasnít a large fish but just over the legal limit here and about 90lbs or so. His first shark and it was a thresher. It didnít give us a jumping show that many threshers like to do but they pull hard and are awesome creatures. The next night we had a late 4th of July/ birthday party for him a the thresher was on the BBQ and was a huge hit.
All fishing is fun but big game fishing is it, for me. When one of those 30w or 50w International goes off you donít know what picked up bait/lure but you know itís going to really be a battle. Thatís just one of the reason I like the Salt.
Love salt water fishing. I haven't been out in way too long. I caught a 4' shark by accident a few years ago off Point Pleasant NJ, eerily close to shore. We weren't out for shark and the guy who took us out wasn't prepared for shark. We were able to release him unharmed.

I love fishing down in FL. Grouper, snapper, Dolphin - You never know what you're going to get. I caught a 30# bull dolphin. They are so beautiful coming out of the water before all the colors fade. Good eating too.