07-31-2019, 10:59 AM   #34
Z K
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
No, I'm not blaming the Republican party for diabetes. What I am blaming/faulting or calling them out in is whenever anyone/Dems suggest we try to change the culture of shitty food/sedate lifestyles in the US..........they get all up in arms about curtailing freedoms etc. Then when it comes time to pay the piper for said bad decisions everyone (Republican supporters included) have their hand out wanting the meds/care.

As I agreed with Run Silent the only way to fix the health care mess is a very large culture change in the US in a lot of ways. A big part of that is on the front end with dietary habits and exercise. There are numerous other things that would need to change as well, but being proactive about ones health instead of reactive would be a huge start.
You would hate the "sugar" tax that they have on soft drinks and other things here in San Francisco. If I want a coke, I don't want to pay an extra tax on that because it's unhealthy. I'd think the majority of people know that it's not good for you - that's not why I drink it. It's a stupid tax and I don't know why people would vote such a dumb thing in. Educate people on making healthy food decisions, don't tax them for it.