View Single Post
      09-13-2019, 04:51 AM   #26
b.oom
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: occasionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
BMW recently announced they were axing a bunch of cars due to financials and we're suppose to believe they are making a "standalone" sports car?

Sounds like a bunch of
Marketing, buddy. Merc and Audi is doing the same.

On topic, they're teasing the idea for too long now, which brings issues with their credibility. It is understandable to explore how the market reacts at some ideas of what it could be, but there are too many years already.
They have all it takes to build a true contender for nine11, but not interested since no work on such model's image was made. Even if the i8 does it better than Porsche's in terms of engineering and tech, the lack of image makes them to market it as a standalone product with no competitors. Talking about viable business cases.
My bet is there won't be a 2nd gen i8; same is available for an "S" - which would have brought some revenue to fund the 2nd gen. (It's a bit of a wild thing thinking the same chassis could have been used for the next gen, which obviously would cut the costs).

Business, business everywhere, <money> is everyone's 1st bet. Even if they're not creating history anymore.
Appreciate 0