12-09-2023, 07:03 AM   #3
cobramite
Banned
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i, '22 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattl0806 View Post
Hey guys,

A family member was in a car accident (everyone is fine). Front end is pretty smashed in. Was leaking antifreeze all over the road. But no clue the extent of the mechanical dmg. But Drivers airbag went off etc. They were driving a new Audi.

Trying to get some advice for them.

A) car was towed to a local body shop
B) maybe it’s going to be considered totalled?

So on a) I think my advice would be to get it over to Audi - simply bc why not if the insurance is going to be paying for it.

B) I think they would prefer it to be totalled. They are financing so this would be a big hit on the cars value etc… long term reliability gets thrown out the window. Going to Audi where things are more expensive probably helps these chances too?

Thanks in advance.
Post pics. Sounds like it is a total loss.
I have a friend who is in the business of insurance adjusting for several companies and can in many cases tell from a pic or two whether a car is totaled or not.
Replacement parts have become profoundly expensive.
Superficial damage with little or no deeper effects can total up to 20 grand. It really does not take much to "total" a vehicle, even a new one.
The adjuster can evaluate the damage where the vehicle is now. If repairable it can be transfered to Audi.

Last edited by cobramite; 12-09-2023 at 07:08 AM..
Appreciate 1
Mattl0806990.50