E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
One other thing, I love the BBC coverage. There is none better. However, they borderline sold McLaren out by broadcasting some critical driver transmissions. Openly broadcasting a strategic pit stop for Button, when they vocally declared they were aiming for an undercut is terrible.

And doing it a 2nd and 3rd time both for Lewis with his fuel issues was even worse. After the first broadcast about Lewis' fuel situation they should have stopped. RBR told Webber to be cautious for a fake. Then the BBC was nice enough to chime in and say, "Hey boys, this wasn't a fake. He really does have fuel issues" by transmitting the second message to Lewis that his fuel was critical. I know that Silverstone is closer to Milton Keynes than Woking but c'mon. You can't compromise a teams strategy like that. Those broadcasts didn't really add anything to my enjoyment or understanding of the race anyways.
The pit radios that we saw (title) and heard were released by the FOM World Feed, not sure if the BBC guys had another scanner to read it. But the FOM feed director sold it to the world. Usually they'd pick the interesting and critical ones to broadcast. Which Mclaren guys were quite annoyed that FOM released it way before Button committed the pit stop. They should've broadcast it on the moment Button dive into the pit lane.

And as for the Hamilton fuel issue, the Mclaren pit wall can only hide it for a few laps. Everyone would know LH had some sort of problem sooner or later when his lap time were consistently slower lap by lap and the pace were obviously slower (like 2-3 secs a lap). and massa would've catch him anywayz. Nonetheless, great battle on the final Vale and Club corners.