United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3/E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by raddy View Post
Hi Everyone.

Today while my wife's X3 was in for service, the staff at Pfaff BMW in Mississauga had a 330i M Sport ready for me to test drive.

Thinking that I wouldn't be interested in its "small" engine, I was pleasantly surprised. While I liked the F30, I didn't love it. But man this G20 -- WOW.

I whipped it around for about 30 minutes and even in Comfort mode I was really impressed. In Sport mode, I felt like a boy racer again LOL. It brought me back to the first BMW I test drove back in the mid 90's.

I did not find the interior exciting. Maybe I just need to see the right colour schemes for the interior.

If a 330i drives like this, I can't wait to take an M340i for a run. I am impressed!
I walked away with a different impression. G20 330i xDrive felt heavy and slow. But better body roll control than the F30 xDrive.
I haven't driven the g20 but I have driven g30 and e90 in both xdrive and rwd. The x-drive models always feel heavier than the rwd versions partly because they are a decent amount heavier, but they also make the steering feel muddy from the torque going to the front wheels.
Appreciate 1
Sportstick4654.00