Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssquared View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by raddy View Post
Hi Everyone.

Today while my wife's X3 was in for service, the staff at Pfaff BMW in Mississauga had a 330i M Sport ready for me to test drive.

Thinking that I wouldn't be interested in its "small" engine, I was pleasantly surprised. While I liked the F30, I didn't love it. But man this G20 -- WOW.

I whipped it around for about 30 minutes and even in Comfort mode I was really impressed. In Sport mode, I felt like a boy racer again LOL. It brought me back to the first BMW I test drove back in the mid 90's.

I did not find the interior exciting. Maybe I just need to see the right colour schemes for the interior.

If a 330i drives like this, I can't wait to take an M340i for a run. I am impressed!
I walked away with a different impression. G20 330i xDrive felt heavy and slow. But better body roll control than the F30 xDrive.
I haven't driven the g20 but I have driven g30 and e90 in both xdrive and rwd. The x-drive models always feel heavier than the rwd versions partly because they are a decent amount heavier, but they also make the steering feel muddy from the torque going to the front wheels.
How is the turn radius? Does it have torque steer? Would like to have an off button for x drive but still have traction control. Probably a pipe dream as even mx drive turns off traction control in s drive mode which makes it completely impractical, basically it is a drift mode.
Appreciate 0