View Single Post
      02-10-2020, 09:36 AM   #13
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Valentine's Day is such a minefield. It doesn't mean shit to me, but my most recent ex-gf expected some sort of date planned by me, or perhaps a special homemade dinner, and probably a card and a small gift of some sort. She never got any of those things from her ex-husband, and since I was put on this earth with no other purpose than to correct everything that had been wrong with her marriage, I was expected to spring into action. So I was stuck; either I refused to recognize what I think is a bullshit Hallmark revenue grab and be told what a cold-hearted asshole I was, or I went along with the bullshit and felt like a chump.
I'm a lucky man, my current wife (she loves it when I call her that or my ex girlfriend) and I don't exchange gifts or cards for VD. I bring her flowers once and a while for no reason and that means more than acknowledging the Hallmark shit. We don't really exchange christmas presents either, we live a good life and are blessed with more than most. We will often go out for one another's birthday though.
Appreciate 4
MKSixer34171.50
cmyx6go15573.50
sabrina489.00