View Single Post
      08-22-2022, 02:33 AM   #64
BlueLeaderXI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 Portimao Blue M340i xDriv

I am soon taking delivery of my 2022 M5 comp. I've always liked the Bowers & Wilkins option on their higher end cars, but much to my sadness, the B&W was temporarily taken away as an option when building my M5... so now I am here in this thread.

I am generally OK with the quality of the HK in my current M340xi, with the right custom EQ settings. Would I have ordered the $3400 B&W option if I was able to? yes. Would I spend double that trying to retrofit ? not sure but not yet.

Those matching LED lights tho....

I am following the OP's course here and ordering the entire 16 speaker replacements from Ali express.. Looks like they should all be plug and play. A few questions:

- The true OEM B&W system substitutes a 1400-watt amp.

Plug & playing the Aliexpress speakers, (true, they aren't the OEM B&W parts) should still work fine right?

What will be the main difference between plugging in these Aliexpress speakers while still using the stock HK Amplifier, which per the specs list is 464-watt ? Will I run into fritzing any of these replacements?

Furthermore, would it be possible to replace the HK amp with the BW 1400-watt amp later down the road ?
(I guess at that point, then it would be trialing the B&W amp with knockoff BW speakers, so maybe then would need to add the OEM full quality B&W).

Basically what I am going for is most importantly,
1. cool matching interior LED lights,
2. slightly better/clearer sound.
in that order.

sold |2021 M340i xDrive 8AT|Portimao Blue|Black/Oyster|19" 792M cerium grey wheels|

|R.I.P. beloved 2015 335i xDrive 8AT|

Last edited by BlueLeaderXI; 08-22-2022 at 02:36 AM.. Reason: amp question
Appreciate 0