View Single Post
      01-29-2020, 10:56 AM   #1041
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
very true, there was another I believe Rolex appraisal on Antique Roadshow, after seeing the TV show and reading the discussion about it on TIMEZONE - if I recall correctly.

many thought the guest new well aware beforehand the value of the watch and understandably wanting the TV appraisal and exposure.

Just in association, there were a few appraisers on the Road Show that had legal issues. I think one was a Civil War era item appraiser who low balled a value then tried to purchase the item from the guest. The second was when the Keno twins tried getting into the rare automobile auction business and ran into money issues that transcended into their furniture ventures.

Not that these things are awful and the show is bad, it's just interesting knowing the details and learning what to be watchful about.
if anything, that guy just got free advertising and now i would guess has several offers to buy that watch.

The way he had the display board set up, makes me believe he knew what it was worth and wanted to just get it out there that he has it.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
overcoil3068.50