04-23-2024, 08:59 AM   #15
Sxs1687
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
Yep, a lot of that service I mentioned earlier fell into the value category. $350 bucks for plugs at the dealer? That's just nuts. They definitely are trying to take back some indy business.
What? $350 for 8 plugs replaced??? I need to call my dealer and see if they have the same price. If so, I'd want to do mine. What's this value service you guys are talking about? I've never heard of this.

So this was def my fault for going to the Indy shop vs the dealer for my wastegate issue. It took so much longer than expected (I took it in two Thursdays ago for the initial diagnosis), not to mention the amount I ended up having to pay. My gut told me to go to the dealer but I was being cheap and hoping the diag would be $155 vs the 310 and did not think they'd upcharge the part as high as they did. I was talking to Gautam about a similar issue and I know he paid around $600 from the dealer in the Bay Area for a similar issue I was having. I was hoping going Indy would make it around half that cost, but instead I paid more...and the Bay Area's labor cost is like $300/hr vs my dealer at $250. FML for this dumb decision...oh well now I guess.

We have two dealers near me: BMW of Catonsville and BMW of Silver Spring. Catonsville is very responsive but I feel like they're a little conservative with negotiating with warranty companies. Silver Spring is better (based on a couple issues I had with my F10), but I can never get ahold of anyone there. Nobody picks up the phone, answers emails or returns voicemails. It's nuts. I've tried NUMEROUS times. And the service advisor I had with my F10 is no longer there so his direct line is inactive. How is this place getting any customers or business?! Mind boggling.
Appreciate 0