Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
The problem with these electric "trucks" is they can't do truck shit. At least I have not seen any specs or tests on what kind of range you get with these actually towing anything. I have seen people test the Model X towing at it's max rated capacity and the range was abysmal. So you will have to charge the thing every couple of miles... not a huge deal until you try parking at the charger with a 30 foot trailer.... My truck new was probably like $80k (obviously I did not buy it new or pay $80k) however my truck can easily tow my 32' trailer (or bigger) for like 500-600 miles on one tank. Then I can easily pull into any truck stop and fill her up in 5min.

Now if they want to call it an electric SUV that's fine. Maybe it can tow a small boat down the street to the boat ramp.
You're aware that based on recent surveys - less than 15% of all new full size truck buyers have ever used the trailer hitch and less than 40% of all new full size truck buyers have ever used the bed for anything that wouldn't normally be put into a trunk, right?

Fact is that the majority of new full size truck buyers utilize pick ups in the exact same fashion as a Toyota Camry. This is just fine, and you may not and may actually use the truck features of yours, but you would be in the minority.

For anyone who thinks this thing is silly or won't sell - remember that the entire first year production is already completely sold out. So obviously some people want one, lol.