Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M550i

Garage List
2022 M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
All good. I installed the $30 Autotechnic. Fits, looks and works perfect. Didn't even try the Amazon replacement. Way too much to spend on what appears to be the same quality as the $15 Amazon options, especially since the Amazon ones came with a mini screw driver (not needed), a nice case, and putty. The Autotechnic came with nothing, a button in a zip lock bag, but in Apple like packaging.

Get it though eBay. It's $30 shipped from Autotechnic . Autotechnic website wants another $15 for shipping.
Hey Joe, I have 22 m550 and wanted to change my ignition switch to Red like the M5. Was originally thinking of going the OEM route (part#: 61318074017) but there was some discrepancy between the various OEM parts catalogs I inquired to. They were unable to confirm fitment/functionality even though I am pretty sure it’s just plug and play. Some catalogs even showed fitment with the 2021 m550.

Anyway I decided to look for the button instead of the whole housing, was going to order from Amazon but saw your posts! How is the autotecknic one holding up thus far? OEM look, quality, feel? I try to veer as far away from adding non OEM upgrades/parts to my car but this seems identical from your pic.
Appreciate 0