10-04-2019, 01:20 PM   #70
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
non-swearing swearing
I believe this is pathetic. You either obey or violate. Not both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
It actually offends me when a guy swears in a group setting and then looks at me if I'm the only female and says "Oh sorry about my language, there's a lady in the room". Ugh just STFU.
It can depend of what is meant. Sometimes they apologize to offend (like "I did mean it, of course!"). But it still reminds me a quote from a movie: "-You offended a lady! -I didn't see any.".

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Not sure if you meant me when referring to the "old folks" but I'm 29.
He might be 19 or something.

I read about a study (Well, you can study anything you like, the way you like, can't you? ) that discovered people that curse occasionally are more intelligent that those who (almost) never do. It should depend on knowing the time and reason, perhaps.

There are obviously different reasons for cursing:
  • Lack of vocabulary, using those few words only fitting that brain as universal is apparently most annoying (unless it's a foreigner who took a short course of the language );
  • Another reason is an attempt to decorate one's language. Mixed results. Some sound awkward and indecent , others are true artists of that, sound just amazing ;
  • My current reason is to convey how much annoyed I am, which is usually a lot (to give a chance to stop exploring my patience, in particular). Also to just wrap a multi-word definition into a single, short one. For convenience.
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00